I was ever so shocked and excited when I checked my inbox today to find that I had been chosen as a nominee for the Liebster Award. I will admit, I had not expected it after only being doing this for a little while, so to say I was shocked was an understatement. I have been incredibly lucky to have built quite a following so very quickly and I am ever so grateful!
I would like to thank Rylla Rose Walkney for nominating me! Its always so nice to see that
1) people are reading my blogs and …
2) they are enjoying what I am writing! Its a lovely boost because I have attempted to do this so many times since Evie was born however I have always chicken out at the last moment because I never thought anyone would want to read what I have to share! Please go and check out her stunning blog over at http://nouw.com/rylarose
I met Rylla through facebook group called Bloggers supporting each other, I joined this group as a way of getting my blog out there in the big scary world. I have found some fantastic blogs through this and so glad I joined!
10 Random facts about me
- My obsession with McFly, Tom Hardy and cake.
- I can play the trumpet, tenor horn and the keyboard.
- I hate clowns – I’m going to regret saying that one.
- I a complete history geek.
- I hate red hot chilli peppers. There, I said it.
- When I was younger I wanted to be a red coat at Butlins.
- When I was in junior school my English teacher made me cry because she said I was useless at the subject in front of the whole school.
- I’m a bit boring and a total homebody.
- I am allergic to Cherries.
- Even though I hardly wear it, I have a massive (expensive) make up collection.
What is the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the Internet and was created to recognize and discover new bloggers. The earliest case of the award dates back to 2011 and since then it’s been a yearly award. It’s a way of recognizing new bloggers by fellow bloggers, commending their hard work and dedication to their writing. The award is recognized in the blogging community as an honorable badge of accomplishment. Nominees are selected by previous award nominees so the cycle of supporting one another continues.
Questions for my nominator.
- If you could change one thing what would it be?
Only one thing? Hmm that’s actually pretty hard. May be I would like to have more of a ‘chill out’ mentality. I can get stressed out very easily.
- What do you use to take photo’s with?
- Do you do DIY’S
Everything in my life is a Do It Yourself :’)
- What is your blog about?
A bit of everything I suppose. It’s my thought, my experiences, my humour and my sarcasm. Its my little corner of the internet to escape to and utilise for myself. It’s also my diary too, where I am able to write down my thoughts that I can one day come back and look upon.It’s also where I come to bitch 😛
- Where did you get your inspiration from
So many fabulous bloggers and vloggers. The channel mum lot, mrsmeldrum, brummymummyof2, parttimeworkingmummy. And so many more. Giovanna Fletcher and Rochelle Humes. I love them all and can spend hours and hours reading and watching them.
- What would you tell someone who was just starting out as a blogger?
Take a leap of faith and just go for it! Don’t be worried about what others think and just do you. Enjoy it, because its meant to be for fun not a chore. Also the schedule button is awesome.
- Who is your favourite blogger and why?
My favourite blogger is brummymummyof2 I have been following Emma for a very long time and have absolutely loved her. Her sense of wit and humour is right up my street and she is everything I aspire to be as a blogger! Also she is from Birmingham which is a bonus! Must promote a fellow brummie haha!
- Why did you start blogging?
To start with it was a way of passing the insomnia that has drove me insane throughout the summer. I have really been struggling to sleep and so I found writing as a way of emptying my mind before bed. Then I realised I really enjoy it. I have so many articles written and ready that sometime I worry I shall overload people or bore them.
- Do you like spicy food?
Yes but I prefer spicy for flavour and not just for heat. I do not understand why anyone wants a meal so hot that they cry, seems a bit stupid to me.
- What blog do you enjoy reading?
I have kind of covered this above, but I will say that I prefer parenting blogs with a bit of humour. I don’t like the ones who try and give you a lifestyle to aspire to. Like, here are my 5 pristine children all in white on our white sofa drinking freshly made blackberry smoothies with kale and shit. That’s pf no interest to me. I like to hear about the drama, the daily life and the fact that I am not the only mom who looses her shiz sometimes.
I was originally only going to pick 7 but I have seen these 8 lovely blogs that really all deserve a mention!
1. Charlie Beswick – www.ouralteredlife.com
2. Victoria Glass – http://thegrowingmum.com
3. Kate Elizabeth Redfern – www.fivelittlestars.com
4. Louise Howorth – https://mummymummysite.wordpress.com/
5. Gemma Horlock – https://mummyinthemadhouse.blogspot.com
6. Anuska Fernando-Goonet – www.mamabuys.co.uk
7. Hales Prestidge-Briston – http://thepbfamily.blogspot.co.uk
8. Rima Verma Narang – https://gratitudeforyou.wordpress.com
- Who is your favourite blogger?
- What is your favourite meal?
- If you could have any super power for the day, what would it be?
- Where would you like to travel?
- You have won the lottery, what is the first thing you buy?
- Favourite band, and song?
- Whats your favourite type of blogger?
- What made you start blogging?
- Tell me about an embarrassing situation you have been in?
- What would you like for Christmas?